Configuring the zsh shell
One way is to create the file ~/.zshrc and put in it a comment.
You can put this, which will enable much more helpfully options:
- Lines configured by zsh-newuser-install
HISTFILE=~/.histfile HISTSIZE=10000 SAVEHIST=10000 setopt appendhistory autocd beep nomatch unsetopt extendedglob notif
- Use emacs-style editing on the command line (even if you have something else set as your EDITOR)
- End of lines configured by zsh-newuser-install
- The following lines were added by compinstall
zstyle :compinstall filename '/home/andrei/.zshrc'
autoload -Uz compinit compinit
- End of lines added by compinstall
From HowTo Wiki, a Wikia wiki.