Jurassic World: Dominion Dominates Fandom Wikis - The Loop
Do you like this video?
The center of an object can be found with a string.
- any straight edge object
- Take a string
- stretch the string the full length
- fold the string in half
- stretch the folded string
- it will stretch to the center
Square or Rectangle
- Use a straight object
- put the straight object across the two opposite corners
- draw a faint line
- Do the same of the opposite corners
- the intersection of the lines is the center
Any flat object
- hold any point on the edge of the object
- let the object dangle with gravity
- dangle a string with a weight from the point where it is held
- draw a faint line along the strings path
- hold another edge in about 1/4 of a rotation
- Do the same with the string and mark.
- The point of the lines intersection is the center of the object.
Any flat long object
- This will find the center of mass for lightweight skinny objects, like a broomstick.
- Balance the object horizontally on the top of both index fingers, with your hands held apart about, palms facing inwards.
- Slowly bring your hands together, allow the object to gently slide across your fingers.
- Your hands will come together under the object's center of mass.